This past week we hosted a virtual Q & A to answer whether an idea you have could be funded with our Complete Streets Activation Mini-Grants. Chances are, if it involves educating about how streets in New Orleans could work better all of us or if you’re getting people active out on the streets, your idea is a great fit for our mini-grants!
And now we’ve extended the deadline to apply by two weeks — giving you through Friday, February 26th to apply!
Complete Streets Activation Mini-Grants fund civic groups, community leaders, and individuals to develop an event or project that builds grassroots support for safe and accessible streets and highlights the benefits of the City’s expanded low-stress bikeway network.
Our mini grant recipients accomplished so much to build awareness of the benefits of Complete Streets in New Orleans — we can’t wait to see what’s in store for this second round of recipients.
Here’s just a few highlights from our last round of mini grants:
- Offered $2 incentives to everyone who walked, bikes, and took public transit to local farmers markets.
- Organized a family bike ride through the streets of Algiers
- Planted over 100 trees along New Orleans’ newest protected bikeways
- Gave away free bike lights to ensure people biking along the new bikeways are safe and visible
- Hosted a 5k walk/bike to build awareness around Complete Streets and heart health
We’re proud that our Complete Streets Activation Mini Grants supported these projects and events – we can’t wait to see what comes out of this next round.
How do you want to build awareness of and support Complete Streets in your neighborhood? Let us know and there’s a good chance we’ll fund your idea.