We’re starting 2021 activated.
‘Moving New Orleans’ low-stress bikeway networks are coming into full view: construction is complete on Elysian Fields, the Algiers network will more than double over the coming weeks, followed by new protected bikeways in and around the 7th Ward and Central City. Our campaign is moving just as quickly. We just hosted our first Movement Monthly volunteer gathering, and today, on Tuesday January 12th, we’re launching our 2nd round of Complete Streets Activation Mini Grants!
The Complete Streets Activation Mini Grant funds civic groups, community leaders, and individuals to develop an event or project that builds grassroots support for safe and accessible streets and highlights the benefits of the City’s expanded low-stress bikeway network.
If you know someone or a group who’d be interested in participating, please forward this email to them.
Our mini grant recipients accomplished so much to build awareness of the benefits of Complete Streets in New Orleans — we can’t wait to see what’s in store for this second round of recipients.
Here’s just a few highlights from our last round of mini grants:
- Offered $2 incentives to everyone who walked, bikes, and took public transit to local farmers markets.
- Organized a family bike ride through the streets of Algiers
- Planted over 100 trees along New Orleans’ newest protected bikeways
- Gave away free bike lights to ensure people biking along the new bikeways are safe and visible
- Hosted a 5k walk/bike to build awareness around Complete Streets and heart health
We’re proud that our Complete Streets Activation Mini Grants supported these projects and events – we can’t wait to see what comes out of this next round.
How do you want to build awareness of and support Complete Streets in your neighborhood? Let us know and there’s a good chance we’ll fund your idea.