Lets move forward with safety and accessibility for everyone on the roadways. Keep up to date and support our work by joining our email list.
Working together to bring ‘More Safety & Less Stress’ to New Orleans Streets
We’re excited to have Tulane University as a member of the New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition. As the largest private employer in the city, they represent an entity focused on ensuring the health and safety of individuals all throughout the region. With their campus in Downtown New Orleans, they’re primed…
Members of the New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition joined over 80 professional planners in Lafayette, LA last month for the annual American Planning Association State Conference, themed “Partnerships: A New Planning Paradigm for Louisiana.” The conference featured sessions and mobile workshops focusing on how interdisciplinary teams are tackling sustainability, transportation,…
As we get ready for the elections on November 13th, it is important to understand where future city leaders stand on the issue of Complete Streets, and how they expect to meet a need for more equitable transportation, smart and resilient infrastructure, and innovative uses of public space. With that…
- January 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
There are lots of roadway infrastructure improvements coming to New Orleans that will increase safety and accessibility for everyone! Working closely with Mayor Cantrell and her team, the New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition has launched a campaign that includes community engagement and communications to:
1. Build awareness and support for streets that are built to be safe and accessible for people of all ages and abilities whether they’re driving, walking, biking, or taking transit,
2. Build awareness and support for the health, equity, economy, and quality-of-life benefits from safe and accessible transportation options,
3. Support the City of New Orleans’ rapid expansion of the low-stress bikeway network, and
4. Support the City’s development and implementation of an updated Complete Streets Policy that is data-driven, equity-focused, and transparent.
The New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition is a group of organizations, businesses, civic leaders, and community members who support improving our roadways and safe transportation options in order to enhance health, equity, sustainability, prosperity, and quality-of-life for the people of New Orleans.