It’s going to take all of us to bring more safety and less stress to New Orleans streets.
Right now, the most impactful thing you can do is actually talk to neighbors and neighborhood businesses about the ‘Moving New Orleans Bikes’ infrastructure improvements on the way this fall. We know it’s a big ask, but direct communication is still the most effective way to engage and inform the community about what’s to be gained with safe and accessible biking and walking infrastructure improvements.
- Click here to join us in the Fairgrounds Area, Wednesday August 11th from 4:30-7:00pm.
- Click here to join us for a canvass Downtown on Tuesday August 24th from 4:30-7:00pm.
As part of ‘Moving New Orleans Bikes’, the City is committed to creating 75 new miles of “low-stress” bikeways before the end of the year. With these much needed changes coming to New Orleans’ streets, we’re making sure everyone knows about the benefits of better, safer biking infrastructure and mobility options coming their way.
To accomplish this goal, we need a Complete Streets movement in New Orleans. That’s why we’re also inviting you to join us next week, Thursday August 12th from 6:00-7:30pm for Movement Monthly, our monthly campaign meet up. We’ll update you on the campaign for more safety and less stress on our streets and help prep for upcoming canvasses.
If you can’t make it out for a canvass or Movement Monthly, but want to help bring more safety and less stress to our streets, then no worries, we have more opportunities for you.
- Sign up to make calls with us on Thursday afternoon from 2-4:30 pm, or remotely on your own time
- Sign up to help with data entry on Thursdays at the Bike Easy (any time between 9 am – 2 pm)
- Sign up as a social media volunteer.
- Join our volunteer office hours every Thursday, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm for people interested to drop by the Bike Easy office