Thanks to everyone who made the Let’s Move Forward Algiers Community Festival such a fantastic success! From the biking and walking tours and incredible Battle of the Bands to the delicious food and kids bike safety rodeo, it was a great time celebrating the street improvements that will soon be making Algiers streets safe and accessible for more people biking, walking, driving, and taking transit.
The day included many family-friendly activities, including:
– Walking and biking tours of coming street improvements as part of the General Meyer Complete Streets Renovation, the Moving New Orleans Bikes initiative, and potential transit improvements as envisioned in the New Links: Reimaging Transit initiative
– History of Algiers exhibit as part of NOLA 300 – Walking tour alongside other information
– Delicious and healthy food and drinks from local Algiers restaurant and caterers
– Battle of the Bands with $500 awarded to benefit a local school
– Free fitness classes featuring beginner and intermediate workouts in the morning and afternoon
– Kids bike rodeo and tots’ races where kids from 3 to 12 learn and improve biking skills
– Along with giveaways, face-painting, and other opportunities to see and learn of coming biking, walking, transit improvements in Algiers and ways to get involved!!